domingo, 5 de junio de 2016

Essay about the use of literature

ESSAY

Theater and Literature as strategies to teach a foreign language




Nowadays, teachers have many strategies to teach and these can be appropriate but some others don’t. In regards to literature I think it is useful to teach English because through it, students can practice their language skills. It’s not just a different way to teach and to learn in a creative way but it’s also an easy option for teachers and students to develop other skills like being in front of a public.


On the other hand, as a future teacher I think it would be an excellent strategy to develop my students’ oral skills. I think one of the things that is missing in today’s teaching is leave the students think, create, give opinions, and talk. It0s because of that I will implement this strategy with teenagers in order to use the drama to express their ideas and to increase their vocabulary to practice pronunciation and listening.



Personally, I have to say that I love acting, singing and the arts in a general way. And I’m sure that students will learn more if they can have a contact with those elements and tools like music, drama, etc, that they love in order to learn a new language. 

Marcela Sandoval

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario